The King Post is a Swahili Village that is unique in every sense. It brings about a unique architectural synthesis between the East African coast and the lands across the Indian Ocean, reflecting social and cultural interaction between the regions over more than a millennium. Four major cultures have emerged to give birth to a fascinating amalgam: the Swahili building tradition developed along the coast for over than a millennium; the elegant simplicity of the massive Omani square housing introduced from the late eighteenth century; the extrovert Indian embellishment added during the nineteenth century; and the colonial intervention during the twentieth century which made itself more palatable and unique.
Therefore, inspired by these Arabic & Portuguese cultures dating back to the fourteenth century, and later by the British Colonial & Indian Traditions, The King Post reflects the timeless beauty of Swahili Architecture. It has a mystic coastal warmth & intimacy.
The charismatic entrance and gateway invites you to a Swahili village! Narrow alleyways lead you to the tranquility of your apartment. The intricate Swahili craftsmanship within the apartment brings alive the romance of a long forgotten era.
As Richard Burton commended in 1857, “the higher the tenement, the bigger the gateway, the heavier the padlock, the huger the iron studs that nail the door of heavier timber, the greater the owner’s dignity.”
Minimum stay: 1 day
The King Post consists of Studio, 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments available on daily basis and long-term.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Full rent must be paid prior to arrival
- A deposit of the same amount is also to be paid prior to the arrival. This is refundable on departure subject to any deductions for losses or damages to the property
- An Accommodation Agreement is signed by both Landlord and Client
Method of Payment
- Payments to be done in USD. But can also be done in KShs, Euro & GBP at the prevailing Rates of Exchange on the day of payment.
- Credit Card & electronic bank transfer is also accepted
One month’s notice is required in writing. If not, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the rent amount payable per month